The Naze

Hot summer has come! We went to the sea, the Walton-on-the-Naze. The train was full with people who go to the sea.
 

Air was a bit cool although it was sunshine. I guess the sea-water might be cold, but everybody  seemed oblivious to it. Our destination was not the beach, but the Naze Tower on the coast. I am afraid of heights, my husband has big feet and has trouble to go up and down narrow spiral stairs. But since we've achieved the tower of Cologne Cathedral, we love to climb towers. 
 
 
The Naze Tower was built in 1720-21 as a navigation tower to assist ships, and now it's a quite attractive building with art gallery, a museum, and tea rooms. You can climb the 111-step spiral staircase to the top of 26m tower and enjoy 360 degree panoramic views.

 
The tower was smaller than I imagined, and I wondered if it's possible to use as art gallery, a museum and tea rooms! But inside, the tower was divided into several floors and it was enough for rooms. It was really lovely.
 
 


 
 
The view from the top was awesome! I was glad it was a beautiful fine day.
 
 


I saw the low-flying helicopter, and I could see people who was waving their arms from the helicopter. 


The beach was peaked around the noon! We had a lunch at a nice pub in the town.



Comments

Popular Posts