Parcel Force

I got a letter from Parcel Force the other day. I had a bad feeling about this. It said they were holding a parcel for me awaiting payment of charges import VAT raised by HM Revenue & Customs and Parcelforce Clearance Fee. Obviously, I need to pay this fee in order to receive the parcel. It's very annoying. I could guess someone sent me something as my birthday present, but I had no idea who it was.

As a result, it was from my sister. To be honest, it was the second time to receive a letter from Parcel Force. Both times were from my sister... I can't understand why they were charged fees. It said parcels above the minimum value of £15 for commercial items and £36 for gifts between private individuals, but I have received some parcels from my parents and friends, and they were no problems. My sister is apologetic for what happened and feels guilty. I also can't understand what "Clearance Fee/Handling fee" is. I wonder why Parcel Force needs to levy this fee. Is it legal? Isn't it your job to delivered packages? It smacks of blackmail!

Comments

Popular Posts