Seaside Walk

We have got hooked on walking. For three straight weeks, we have walked every weekend! This time we walked from Clacton-on-Sea to Walton-on-the-Naze. We've been to these two towns before, but it was the first time to walk along the sea show. The distance was 7 miles. It's well-groomed concrete path, you just keep walking along the sea, you would never get lost:)

+ Rote Map

Clacton-on-Sea is a seaside resort town. We had an English breakfast in a café to get the energy necessary for walking first:) We passed the pier first. There is a big wind farm across the water.



It was a cloudy day but the sea was calm.




Most kiosks were closed because of off season.



I saw some people were fishing.



There are many beach huts along the sea. I assume they need maintenance frequently. They use a special key for  which the keyhole is covered, to avoid corrosion. I saw some people maintained their huts.


We just kept walking as I sometimes went down to the beach.


  

After walking along the coast for about 2½ miles, we passed a tall radio tower. 


After that, we passed the area being covered with shells, seaweed and shingle. It looked a little bit awful because of the colour. I assumed this area might be a harsh environment when it is storm.



We could see Frinton-on-Sea in the distance.



The tree was bent and showed the severity of stormy wind. 


In a distance, I could see yellow field, windmill and cows around the waterfront. What a peaceful view it was:)


We passed Frinton golf course, we could see some people enjoyed playing golf. To be honest, I wasn't happy very much for walking around this area, because there were many insects, seemed like a small dragonfly and also a big ant fly. They were black and looked a bit grotesque. I don't know what it was, but I hate insects. My husband was laughing at me because I was making a fuss... But the view was nice. We could see the village in a distance!



We passed other beach huts, which are unusual, being built on stilts over the beach. They seemed like luxury beach huts, one was on sale for more than £30,000!


I stepped down to the beach. When viewed from the beach, the huts have a window open onto the sea. I imagined what the summer time was like. I enjoyed walking along the sands.




I came back to the path. Again there are a lot of colourful beach huts lined along the beach. It's fun to see these huts. Some family have enjoyed their weekend time in their huts. I could see there is a kitchen in the huts and they looked quite comfortable. Now and then, public toilets and rubbish bins were seen. The huts looked the same, but had individual characters. Which hut is your favourite???





We kept walking. We could see Walton pier in a distance.


Beach huts continued. Near the Walton pier, there were a few layers of the huts on a slope ground.




And finally, we reached Walton pier! Inside the pier is traditionally an amusement park.


 

It was a relaxing time in a pub to relieve the walking fatigue and wet our beaks:)

 

As the seaside town, there were records of rescues in the past.




We completed 7 miles' walk. We went back home by a train:) The view from the train window was beautiful.

 

Comments

Popular Posts