You Are The Greatest

I am not good at describing and asserting myself. I've failed in interviews in the past. It's always difficult to present yourself well to an interviewer. It's important to answer questions briskly to create a good impression with the interviewer. You don't need to tell a lie, but I am sometimes a little bit hesitant about acting like the greatest human being ever in this planet, using a lot of positive adjectives you rarely use! This may sound a little strange and maybe I lack ambition.

As you may know, these are the conversations in job-interviews in the film "Bridget Jones's Diary". It's really funny. Of course, it is depicted with a humorous touch, but sounds original and it's her as she is.

INTERVIEW #1.
"Why do you want to be in television?"
"I'm deeply committed to communicating to the public the up-to-the-moment in-depth news and political agenda."
"What do you think of Bill Gates?"
"Who?"

INTERVIEW #2.
"Why do you want to be in television?"
"I'm passionately committed to communicating with children. They are the future."
"Do you have any children of your own?"
"Christ, no - yucch. Oh Sorry."

INTERVIEW #3.
"Why do you want to be in television?"
"Can I be honest with you? "
"Go on then..."
"Because I like watching telly and I thought it might be fun and glamourous and because I've got to leave my current job because I've shagged my boss."
"Fair enough - start on Monday and we'll see how we go..."

The other day, I read an article on the web that a Japanese interviewer has got bored because every student had uttered platitudes. To the question "Why didn't you join in a club, group nor volunteer activities during four years? Had you worked part-time?", one student seriously answered that he had been very passionate about loving a woman for four years of university. That brought me a smile:)

Comments

Popular Posts