Possession of Health

The other day, I received the result for the cervical screening test. It was normal. I was relieved when I read it. I wasn't concerned about my health seriously when I was young. But now, at this age, I am happy with my possession of health more than before. Health is the essence of everything. I don't want to have a serious medical condition, especially in the unfamiliar environment.  I may need a doctor in the future, but I haven't been mentally prepared for it.

Today I was in an unpleasant mood. When we went to a restaurant, a staff member said "I am sorry but no children." Actually he said as he saw a child who was walking around behind me (with her mother) and he thought we were all together, BUT my husband got it wrong and said "No, she is not child, actually she is my wife" with laughter. Haa? Are you talking about ME? Aren't you getting a wrong idea? He made an excuse that he couldn't see the child, but it made me feel embarrassed and angry. Hey, I am not a child!!! I am the mature, 40 year old lady! Oh, you think it's a "SMALL THING"? Could be, but not for me. Actually it was not the first time... Being short had been my complex for many years. I had thought I got over it, but maybe I haven't. Anyway, I was unpleasant and left the restaurant.

I told my husband grumpily and jokingly that I would wear high heels and a sexy outfit next time. He was laughing. I went to a hairdressing shop to have my hair cut, to blow off steam and to make myself look like more grown-up! That felt good.

That was a bit silly, but there is nothing happier than being able to be with my husband with complaining and laughing without the idea of getting a disease.

Comments

Popular Posts