The St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel

We went to London on Sunday. My husband commutes to London everyday, but it was my first trip to London in a while. I think maybe last October was the last time. Trains from Witham always arrive at London Liverpool Street Station. I've gotten used to this area due to strolling around by myself on several occasions. The station is always crowded but it was not busy because of Sunday morning.


We got a taxi from the station to the British Library. I like to ride on a taxi in London. A taxi always runs through off streets to make short cut, which makes me feel like we are travelling in unfamiliar places, but the drivers' knowledge are really impressive, and they are reliable. 

Our plan was to see St. Pancras Hotel/Station, to go to British Library, to have a lunch and to see a film. The taxi stopped in front of St. Pancras Hotel. Actually it's the next to the Library. As you can see, it's a really amazing hotel. The hotel opened in 2011 after redevelopment. At the same time, the upper floors of the original building were redeveloped as 68 apartments! I wonder who lives there? It was the Midland Grand Hotel between 1873 and 1935, and then used as railway offices named St Pancras Chambers between 1935 and 2011. It is adjacent to St Pancras railway station.


We popped in the hotel, there were neatly-dressed people in the lobby. I felt a bit self-conscious but my husband wandered further into the hotel. There was a restaurant and he said "let's have a breakfast here". We intended to have a breakfast at a cafe around there, but seemed like the beautiful building excited his feeling of curiosity. I said smugly "OK" as a lady, but in my heart, I was excited as a girl jumped up and down with joy:)

After we sit down at the table, there was a breakfast menu with eye-popping price! Wow, expensive! Well, I think it's an average price for this kind of high-class hotels, but was amazing price. Of course, we enjoyed English breakfast with nice service and gorgeous atmosphere, we skipped a lunch though...



Comments

Popular Posts