Do You Hear the People Sing?

If you quickly recognise this title, you must be a fan of Les Mis:) Yes, we watched the film of the winter, "Les Miserables". I love this musical. I've already mentioned about it on my Musical page, but I was moved to tears when I saw it at the first time in my life. Music and lyrics are touching, but I also like the epic original novel by Victor Hugo. I am a one of the people who finished his long novel (in Japanese). I think this novel is described very very well about human feelings and lives, and also the historic context of France. This book is as a sort of bible of life for me! (though I call the gossip magazine bible as well...) 

Anyway, every time I see this musical, it brings a lump to my throat in waves. I read the article on BBC about a woman who sees the musical 957 times!!! I am no match for the woman, but I love everything about it too.

In my opinion, I prefer a stage version because of much more a sense of depth, but the film was really great. I wonder if my husband was crying next to me. If you haven't seen it, don't miss it!!!

Comments

Popular Posts