Day of Rest

How have your holidays been so far? In my home town, Miyagi (Japan) is white Christmas. On the other hand, in Witham, it's a gloomy Christmas morning with heavy rain and thunder, unfortunately... But I like Christmas. I like this season. I like the end of year and also the beginning of the new year. Because of celebratory atmosphere and I can forget about unpleasant things of the year and also turn over a new leaf in the new year and refresh myself.

We spent a lovely Chrisetmas Eve yesterday. We unexpectedly received the Poinsettias from my best friend. It was really nice of her. She is kind, warm at heart and thoughtful. We had a Christmas party at my work. It was wonderful and cozy party with people I work with and their family. The food was amazingly delicious! I also received a card and present unexpectedly. I didn't bring anything, so I had guilty feelings... hahaha.

While I am writing this, the sky began lightening. I can hear church bell from the nearest church. Sometimes I can hear it when I am having a bath. I always feel happy when I hear the church bell. It makes me feel better and and I realise that I am in the UK, not in Japan.

Last night, I watched "Christmas Carol" on TV. As you know, it's a famous story by Charles Dickens. To be honest, I've never read the book nor seen the film, but knew a little bit line. It's a great story to re-examine your life.

On Christmas day, we are going to stay at home with delicious meals and relax. There aren't Christmas presents under the Christmas tree nor the tree itself in this house, but it is clogged with joy and warm atmosphere. Christmas is not special day for everyone, but I just don't want to be like Ebenezer Scrooge of Christmas Carol, before he transformed.



Comments

Popular Posts