Bank Accounts

One of the things I wanted to do in the UK was to open a bank account. It's not easy to do for foreign citizen, because you need to show them a proof of address etc. The bank I opened an account was the one with a story in the past for me.

Last year when I went to the bank to ask to cash pound sterling traveller's checks, they said with an icy tone of voice that they can't do it if I don't have their bank account. I really felt miserable because it was after I was passed around banks and also it was a rainy day. I didn't know my way around the town and the location of travel bureau. Other bank clerks recommended me to go to another bank kindly, but the clark in that bank wasn't kind.

Next, after I moved in this town, I tried to open a bank account to keep my money, but they asked me with an icy tone again that why I need to open a bank account and I must show a proof of letters of address. I was unhappy because I received a cold reaction from them as if I was turned away at the door. It wasn't emergency to have an account, so I had waited to do it until I receive the national insurance number.

I didn't need to attach my mind to this bank, but due to my husband has this bank account, I went to the bank to open a bank account again with my husband. Third time lucky. I could open a bank account at last! Their reaction was really gentle, because I had all proper documents but I believe my husband with me was a major reason. Probably I couldn't do it by myself.

Comments

Popular Posts