National Insurance Number

When you start work or set up as self-employed in the UK, you must have a National Insurance Number. I had a interview about it today at a Job Centre in Chelmsford. I checked the location of Job Centre and went to there. Last time I made an appointment, I made sure the date of my appointment twice because according to the website, Job Centre is closed on Saturday and Sunday. A man said it is opened on Saturday, but it was closed today. My husband was with me, and he was upset more than me. Actually there was another Job Centre a bit far from town centre. I never imagined that there are two Job Centres in the same town. We got on a taxi and could arrive five minutes earlier than our appointment as if nothing had happened.

Everything was fine except I forgot the dates of my previous marriage, divorce, ex-husband's birthday and also our wedding as well!!! My husband seemed he was a bit speechless when I said the different date of our wedding, but I was in a bit panic due to unexpected questions about my ex. I'm sorry... He said I can get the number within a few weeks.

I also bought Christmas cards at a bookstore. There was a long queue in front of the shop. Seemed like they were waiting for autograph-signing session of Rod Stewart. A shop assistant said there are already over 200 people in the morning hours. I wonder how it was?

After that we went to a pub to have a lunch. But there was a big football match Arsenal vs. Tottenham. Fans of Tottenham were sitting next us, and fans of Arsenal were opposite side. They were quite excited and it was fun to see the match on a big screen in the pub. We saw only first half of the game and came back home because I have a job this evening. But I wanted to see the whole game.

Comments

Popular Posts