Hooray!

How was Halloween last night? I am one of the adults who are excited about Halloween events. I describe myself a grown-up kid. If I had literary talent, I am sure I was like Lewis Carroll or Beatrix Potter. Halloween events didn't exist in Japan when I was young, so I didn't know exactly what really do. My nieces said they played game in an English class and ate sweets. They asked her mother to open a door and gave her sweets if they said trick or treat. They said they wants to visit someones' house to have sweets. Poor things. The event hasn't sunk into the Japanese. I don't join in a masquerade, but I look forward to see children wearing Halloween costumes.

Last year, I was here, and disappointed because nobody visited us saying 'trick or treat' even though we were preparing sweets for children behind closed door. This year, we bought sweets and turned on a porch light.

-Knock, Knock.

We heard a knocking on the door. I quickly opened the door with excitement! There! Lovely children in costumes said 'trick or treat', so I gave them some sweets. It was my first Halloween experience in the UK:)

At first, not me but a boy seemed a bit surprised. Well... I wasn't in costume nor special makeup though... maybe because the person opened the door was an Asian woman:)

As we expected, many sweets are left over. But no problem, they will be feed for the big mouse (husband) and small mouse (me). More than children, 2 mice jump at a chance to have sweets. We might buy kids' sweets for ourselves using the excuse of Halloween event... Anyway it was nice experience!

Comments

Popular Posts