Chess

Chess is a very intellectual game. We sometimes play chess board game. I move a piece aggressively with inspiration and my husband moves it cleverly with strategy. As a result, he has a high winning percentage, but I enjoy beating him, occasionally defeating a superior enemy and turn the tables in the end by inspiration!

My history of chess dates back more than 25 years! When I was in my early teenage years, I and my friend got really involved in playing chess. We played it again and again and again madly. When I played chess with my husband last year, I realised that our rules were a little bit different, but I believed it was correct. We probably couldn't understand a difficult rule booklet at that time and made our own rules on the game.

Chess was a gift from my grandparents. They used to collect stamps, which is called 'blue-chip". Amazingly, I noticed that it stills exist! It's a sort of points. When you shop, you could get stamps in accordance with the amount paid. Put stamps on an application note, and you can choose and exchange items from the catalogue relative to number of the notes. My grandparents used all these points for us; their grandchildren. As far as I remember, we received a sewing box, a set of coloured pencils and a box of games at least. In the box of games, there are many board games, such as snakes and ladders, world travellers, chess, roulette including playing cards. I still have it in Japan. Sometimes my nieces play with it.

Why don't you sometimes turn off your computer or TV, and play chess board game? I recommend you to play it with inspiration, but offer no guarantee of victory.

Comments

Popular Posts