Organ Recital

Last night, an organ recital was held at the nearest church. It was the second time for me to enter the church, because usually the door is locked due to security reasons. It was a wonderful recital, gathered some local people. The Organist was a young man, and he had great a performance.

His back figure and organ reminded me my sister, because she is an organ tutor for kids and she used to play J.S.Bach at home. Since she was a teenager, she had commuted to learn organ lesson and had a nice organ tutor. Because she has musical ability. And I sometimes visited her school concerts.

On the other hand, I gave up learning organ when I was 4 or 5 year-old. During a lesson, I realised I am NOT a perfect-pitch person and I said I quit organ lesson to my mother. When I joined a class concert at last time, the musical instrument I played was, not organ, not xylophone, but castanet which is not required an ability to recognise tone, required just a rhythm. I was standing in one corner in obscurity, behind someone. I was too shy.

I listened to the music thinking of such things. Anyway, the organ sound had a tremendous impact. We really enjoyed it very much. After the recital, refreshments were served, people had a glass of wine and canapes and chatted. The other recital will be held during this year, so we are going to visit again.

A view from our favourite place in Chelmsford Cathedral.
The image is not related to the recital.

Comments

Popular Posts