Spirited Away

Associated with and in connection with Hayao Miyazaki's film, but not about the film today. Have you ever been spirited away? I mean have you ever lost something forever irrespective of your intention? Yes, I have twice.

When I was a young there was a small Micky Mouse's basketball hoop in our room. My sister and I used to throw a soft ball to it lying on beds, when acting up. One day a ball hit the hoop and rolled toward a difficulty place to pick up. So we gave up getting it at that time. Next day we tried to search for it, but it was never discovered. It probably dropped into the rubbish bin directly and my parents cleared out without noticing. But the ball disappeared and was never found.

Second, when I was 20's, I bought a instant o-den (Japanese Pot-au-feu) at a supermarket. I remember I put it on the shelf in the kitchen, but it disappeared before I ate it. Nobody ate it. It was my imagination that I put it on the shelf and I might have left it at the supermarket, but it was never found.

These two events are mysteries in my life. I think I was spirited away.

Comments

Popular Posts