International Marriage

I've liked travelling abroad and learning languages. I'm interested in cultural differences. I've longed to live overseas, but it was a sort of a vague dream and I'd never expected that I would have an international marriage. Over ten years have passed since I divorced with a Japanese man. In a sense, I am a lucky woman, because I can have different marriage experiences in my life. On the other hand, I had apprehensive feelings for big decisions.

In fact, the process of international marriage is not easy. Sometimes it made me feel annoyed and I became exhausted with my English skills. You have to go over many hurdles in order to live together with your partner. It is true that international marriages take much effort to make things work, but any marriage, not just international marriages, after all, brings man and woman from totally different backgrounds together. Success relies on the efforts of both. It is said that marriage requires compromise, but compromise makes a lot of the form of couple's living.

Today, international marriages are not at all uncommon. You can board a plane, talk on a phone, and above all, there are a lot of people in the same circumstances and also you can get many information from the Internet. But I've been wondering what it was like for people in the past. I am sure the situation was worse and hard, they needed to have a great deal of resolution to get married and to live in other countries. They couldn't come back home. What were people thinking of when they left the country? The first international marriages in Japan were around the 1970's. It was the subject of criticism at that time. Nevertheless, they stuck to their love. I want to imitate their beliefs.

Comments

Popular Posts