Ritratto di Venezia - Mille Anni di Storia

I went to the Miyagi Museum of Art to see the special exhibit of 'Portrait of Venice - History of a Thousand Years'. There weren't many people because it was a weekday morning. It was a very interesting exhibit and was worth seeing. You can see a part of the ordinary lives of nobles through art and artefacts. I could feel their affluence, sense of beauty and humour. How fashionable they were!!

I visited Venice in 2005. It was a short visit and hadn't enough time to explore a lot, but I was fascinated by the atmosphere of Venice. It's one of the most attractive cities and I want to visit there again. At the exhibit, every time I saw Piazza San Marco or Palazzo Ducale on the pictures, I was remembering what I saw when I was there. From the pictures of banquets and wedding feasts, I thought I smelled their dishes on a table. And the picture of 'The Frozen Lagoon' (painted by Follower of Battaglioli Francesco/1788) was impressive for me. It shows lagoon that was frozen with people on the ice. European countries were hit by a cold wave this winter and Venice's lagoon was frozen for the first time in more than two decades, but I hadn't known that lagoons freeze.




Comments

Popular Posts