The Biggest Storm


"Once upon a time, there were three little pigs who went off to build their houses. The first little pig built his house of straw, the second little pig built his house of sticks, and the third little pig built his house of bricks. One day, the big bad wolf came to the first little pig's house and said, 'Little pig, little pig, let me come in. Otherwise, I'll blow your house down.' And he did. The pig ran off into the second pig's house. The wolf came to the second little pig's house and said, 'Little pig, little pig, let me come in. Otherwise, I'll blow your house down.' And he did. The two pigs ran off into the third little pig's house. The wolf came to the third little pig's house and said, 'Little pig, little pig, let me come in. Otherwise, I'll blow your house down.' But no matter how much the wolf huffed and puffed, the house didn't blow down. So the wolf came down the chimney, but he fell into a pot of boiling water and boiled all up. And three little pigs lived happily ever after."

The biggest storm hit Japan on Tuesday and Wednesday. Flights and trains disrupted. I couldn't sleep well due to hard rain and strong wind pelting against the bedroom window. Wind pressed hard on the walls of our wooden house. In the bed, I was thinking about the story of the Three Little Pigs. Our house is a wooden house, so it might be blown by the wolf (wind). It was OK, but storm was really powerful.

We are fragile under natural threats. Nobody knows what will happen to you today and tomorrow. I became more aware of what life is like after the Great East Japan Earthquake. Because I thought it was the end of Japan. I'll value each day so as not to regret any passing day.


Comments

Popular Posts