Memory

People have wonderful memories. One of my precicous memories is the time I spent with my family in Iwaki, Fukushima. There is my grandfather's house. Nomally no one lives there, but we spent holidays there. On our way to Iwaki, always we could see the chimneys of Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant and the beautiful ocean from the car window. Grandfather's house is not located inside the nuclear evacuation zones, but the neighbours left the village voluntarily and it's so quiet now, according to my uncle who visited there after the event.

Originally, it was a very peaceful area surrounded by rich nature. There's still no bus services near the house. I think it's exactly what an idealized and idyllic image of the Japanese village is. You can find the true values of this life there. I loved playing in the river, setting off fireworks, going to the beach in the summer, getting bamboo shoots in the bamboo grove that behind the house. But suddenly time stopped and all became my precious memory. There are ancestral graves, but I am not sure I can visit there again.

Memory of peaceful view near the grandfather's house

Comments

Popular Posts