3.11

It has been one year since the catastrophic earthquake and tsunami hit eastern Japan. Still the images of this disaster brings a tear to my eye. Every time that events, accidents and scandals happens in the world, the memories of disaster begin to fade.

Many people died and many people's lives have changed. How fragile we are. Our house was damaged by the earthquake, but I didn't witness the tsunami. I haven't had a narrow escape from death. But since then, something struck me inside, as if someone gave me a kick in the back to wake me up from my small world. And everything has started to move forward so quickly. Basically I am conservative and think well before I decide. Now I think it's a shame to bound by fixed ideas and be given over to stereotyped behaviour, because life is fleeting.

The names of all victims appeared in a newspaper today. It extend to several pages. According to the National Police Agency, as of 10 March 2012, the confirmed death toll is 15,854, and 3,155 people is still missing.

After the earthquake in Sendai, around 6:00pm on 11 March, 2011.
Lights went out from the city. You can only see automotive lights.

Comments

Popular Posts