Self-help Book

I think I have a bit of a warped personality. I don't like to do the same thing as other people, but I have a tendency to feel comfortable when doing the same thing as everyone else, maybe because of national and personal character, and our education system. I always fight an inner struggle with the gap, consequently it built my warped personality. But also I have prided myself on it.

I wrote my New Year's resolutions on my blog, one of them is to do self-management and build my confidence. To do that, I need to learn my real identity. For middle aged people and old people, it's not easy to change your personality, because it's already formed hard like rocks. When your shortcomings are to be pointed out, you lose your control and get upset. I don't think I am an exception. But I believe it's possible to change, depending on your efforts.

I bought a self-help book for the first time. Honestly I had a feeling of dislike reading such kind of book, because I have always prided myself. And I think I won't buy such a book anymore, because many books give you more challenges, and they just make things more complicated. The book said that every difficulty has a solution, and if you don't have a difficulty, that is a problem for a person. That's right. If you avoid difficulties, you can't grow as a person. The book also shows the way of thinking when you have a difficulty. Although I know it, the book makes perfect sense.  I train myself to be flexible and to give space to myself. Good luck to me :)

Comments

Popular Posts