The End of the Year

How was your year this year? Considering the record of the past year, it was a really tough and rewarding year for me. And also I made some big decisions and had some new challenges.

No matter how you look at it, the earthquake and tsunami on 11 March was one of the really scary experiences of my life. I was in Sendai city centre, so I was safe from the tsunami, but I was reminded of death in a tall building for a brief while. After that, our lives were kind of hand-to-mouth. Nobody knew when we could buy food, heating oil or get water. It was really scary. I remember people's faces who bear hardships. I couldn't take a bath and use the subway to go to work from my nearest station about for a month. Effect of invisible radiation are still threatening the lives of Japanese.

Under these circumstances, it was hard decision to go to the UK. I felt I had lived by my own selfish rules. Indeed I think I was, yet the sun rises and people should step forward. For this reason, I needed to understand who I am and what should I do for my own future. I am going to live in the UK. I will be 40 years old next year and will start the next chapter of my life. I'd be lying if I said I was not apprehensive about living abroad because everything is new. But if the Japanese average lifespan exceeds 80 years, I am nearly at a turning point. It would be a waste not to enjoy your life. You should cherish your one chance at life, value meeting people and it's important to experience as many things as you can.

Wish everyone good luck for the coming year. See you soon!

Comments

Popular Posts