Communication: Visualizing the Human Connection in the Age of Vermeer

I went to the Miyagi Museum of Art to see the special exhibit "Communication: Visualizing the Human Connection in the Age of Vermeer." Johannes Vermeer is my favourite painter. Last year, I went to see a similar Vermeer exhibit in Tokyo. This time, some Dutch artists' paintings and three of Vermeer's famous paintings were displayed: "Girl Reading a Letter", "A Lady Writing", "Woman Writing a Letter with Her Maid". It was crowded with people in spite of it being a weekday morning. I also saw the material colour of lapis lazuli. It was quite bright and brilliant blue, and it was so beautiful. I had never seen a real one.
 

After admiring paintings, I visited the open space in the museum site, which is called Alice's Garden. It's my favourite space and I used to visit often. The garden contains many sculptures. There are gigantic half-mirrors which invite people into a fantastic world.

Comments

Popular Posts