Walking in London

The view from the train window in the early morning was so fantastic with special foggy beauty and calmness. After having a breakfast in London, he went to the office and I had fun by myself :) I don't know what the start of the day in other cities is like, but in London, start of the day seems early. Around 7 o'clock, already many business people bustle to pop in a cafe, take away coffee or have a relaxing time in a cafe before work. My bf call it "gentle way". It was a rush hour, and also still early to visit every places for me, but I enjoyed walking around the city amid many office workers. It was a beautiful day and hot like summer, around 28 degrees Celsius. I went to St. Paul on foot. I didn't get inside this time but it's splendid any time it is seen.

St. Paul

I walked around and found some parts of London Wall. It is said this wall was built about between 190 and 225, and the exact reason for this construction is unknown. I think it's one of the charms of London, mixture of old and new. The wall had a number of gates around the outside that led to important Roman roads, leading to other towns in the country. Now there is a road also named London Wall, it's a pedestrian walkway which is connected some buildings and buildings where you can loosely follow the ruined wall by the side of the road.
London Wall

Modern buildings and Museum of London

I went to the Museum of London. Actually the museum itself stands on the site of a Roman fort. You can see the story of the city from prehistoric times to the present day. Not only this museum, but it's nice to see reproductions of old days' life.

I got on a tube from St. Paul to Charring Cross. The tube was hell because it was very hot... The day's main event was watching a musical. I booked a ticket on the web last weekend. I'm a musical lover. The first musical I saw was "Les Miserables" in London with my friends. It was unforgettably impressive.

Before watching the musical, I went to the pub "The Coal Hole". It was the nearest pub to the Savoy Theatre and looked nice. Actually it was nice! When I was eating a pie, a middle aged English couple sat the seat next to me. They were very kind and friendly, and were talking to a couple on the other side, and sometimes I joined their conversation. He ordered a huge fish and chips, the size made us surprised and laughed.

Pub "The Coal Hole"
After saying goodbye to them, I collected the musical ticket and went to the National Gallery before the musical started. It had been a long time to visit the National Gallery and Trafalgar Square. It was crowded with many people as usual, and also there was a huge digital clock to show the time until the London Olympics (2012) in the square.

The National Gallery
 
Trafalgar Square; you can see Big Ben in the middle far away...
Immediate left to the highest Nelson's Column.

★i-ADNES' Recommendation★

The Coal Hole
91-92 Strand, London WC2R 0DW
TEL; 020 7379 9883

Comments

Popular Posts