Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

According to the news, Russia claims to have detained a Chinese spy for allegedly trying to gain details of a missile system. I rarely pay attention to this kind of news because I'm not interested in it, but this time I did. Am I going to be a spy? Rubbish! We just saw the film "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" last weekend. I didn't know anything about this film except that it was spy film. It is based on a 1974 British spy novel by John le CarrĂ©. When I saw a poster, I thought "wow", because this film is starring well-known actors such as Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Tom Hardy and so on... I expected Gary would play an extraordinary character, but unexpectedly, he played a middle-aged, taciturn, quiet man. You may not recognize who he is! I don't know the character of George Smiley that Gary played, because I haven't read le CarrĂ©'s original book. But he must have performed his part well. The film consists of many contexts and flashbacks, that made it hard to understand. If you like spy films, I think it's quite good.

Comments

Popular Posts