Ritratto di Venezia

The Special exhibition, "Ritratto di Venezia-Mille Anni di storia (A Portrait of Venice - A Story of a Thousand Years)" is held at Edo Tokyo Museum from 23rd September to 11th December. I'm interested in this exhibition, but I'm not sure I'm going to see it. Also it will be held in Sendai from 17th March to 13 May, 2012.

You can see and feel beauty and history of the Republic of Venice which is built on a lagoon, through the arts and exhibited objects.

I went to Venice several years ago. It was a really nice place with beautiful scenery, especially floating on the gondolas around sunset. Around Piazza San Marco (St Mark's Square) is always crowded with people. I visited Palazzo Ducale (The Doge's Palace) and Ponte dei Sorpiri (the Bridge of Sighs).The local guide explained us about them in fluent Japanese, her Japanese was also impressive because she had never been to Japan. We didn't have enough time to relax, so I want to go there again and explore maze-like alleys and enjoy eating pasta with wine.

The official music for the exhibition; Nobuyuki Tsujii; http://www.nobupiano1988.com/english/index.html

Comments

Popular Posts