Ipswich-2. Old Buildings

One of my fun things to do in Ipswich was seeing old buildings. Ipswich is a town of mixture of old and new. You can see modern buildings, such as Willis Building, which designed by Sir Norman Foster and completed in 1975, which looked like a black glassed curving building. But in my opinion, the shop itself lacks originality, and looks the same as other cities. Unfortunately I couldn't find any attractive shops even in old buildings. I could feel more their effort to renovate and develop some areas such as the dock and town centre, but it's a shame I couldn't feel their originality even though they have high-quality materials. As I felt and thought, the Ipswich Society think that they should put more effort into encouraging independent shops to open in the town centre rather than attracting more chain stores.

Timber-frame buildings










Atfield family, Sun Inn

Comments

Popular Posts