Tove Jansson

When I was young, I watched 'The Moomins' on TV. To be honest, I believed it was a Japanese animation until I was a teenager (Sorry). Because it had dubbed-in voices, of course. How was a young girl supposed to know? Anyway, it's a series of books by Swedish-Finn illustrator and writer Tove Jansson. It's a story about a family of trolls who live in Moominvalley, and their various friends.

I still have Moomin's necklace, which probably my aunt gave me when I was young. It's definitely mine, because my name is on its back side. And I have mugs with Moomins, my uncle bought them when he went to Finland on business. Also my friends used to say I resembled to 'Little My' in some ways, such as being short, shape of ears and character (?) maybe.

We got Tove Jansson's illustrated books, one is "The Book about Moomin, Mymble and Little My" and another is "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". Honestly, I didn't know she illustrated Alice's book and was surprised by that. Especially "The Book about Moomin..." is a really nice book with cuttings, and you can feel a sense of fun, every time you turn a page.

Comments

Popular Posts