Sweet Shop

The weather had became cooler, looking more like autumn, but it was a really nice day today, looking more like it was still summer. All this strong sunshine made the greens in the park look even more lush and beautiful.

Today, I went to Chelmsford by myself, and explored the town. There are shopping malls,  always busy with people. I went to Chelmsford Market. It was interesting. You can see books, shoes, gardening tools, accessories, antiques, old stamps and medals, cards, cheeses, meats and everything. I also found a lovely sweet shop "Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe", which is not a local shop but a franchise shop in the UK. If you pop in a shop, walls full with colourful sweets catch your eyes, and some of them are sold by measure. It reminded me of my childhood. There was a sweets wagon in a department store, a wagon was spinning around a parasol like a merry-go-round, and put your favourite sweets into a small bag. My grandmother always bought it for me and my sister. I think the wagon still exists in a department store in Japan.

At Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe, I bought a bag of chocolate orange fudge. Fudge is a Western confectionery and is very common sweet. When I first tasted it, I thought it was a lump of sugar! Be careful of overeating!!

My BF's house has an old history, and the road in front used to be a main street. Now it's a residential area, but the house used to be a part of sweet shop:) How nice! It must have been a popular sweet shop with children. I imagined what the shop was like, when I popped in Mr Simms Old Sweet Shoppe.

The park in Chelmsford

Chelmsford Cathedral

Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe

★i-ADNES' Recommendation★

Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe

Comments

Popular Posts