Shopping in Colchester

We went to Colchester this morning to see a solicitor. After that he directly went to London to work and I remained to walk around Colchester town by myself. It was a lovely day. Colchester town is not so big but if you want to enjoy shopping, the old area might be fun rather than High Street. There are many lovely small shops along the narrow street such as Eld Lane and Short Wyre Street. I popped in some shops and also enjoyed the sun in the Castle Park.

One of the shops I popped in was "Frippery", it was a girly and lovely goods shop. And also I found "Roly's Fudge". I know, I know, I always buy Fudge and too much sweets, but I could see they are making fresh fudge in the shop from the window! How could I pass it up? It's a multiple shop, but seems like it's relatively new in Colchester.

The things that I bought today were handmade organic soaps as a gift, which are made with natural, pure ingredients with no harsh chemicals. "Gin & Tonic" is made with organic Lemongrass and Juniper, and "Pink Champagne" is made with real Champagne. They are all still carefully made by hand, individually hand-cut, hand-poured and hand-wrapped. I asked a shop assistant if it's for your face, she replied yes because it's "organic". She emphasized "organic", but I think people have too much confidence in products just because "organic". This word have wings. Even if it's "organic" products, it's not always true that you can get exactly the effect you want.


★i-ADNES' Recommendation★

FRIPPERY
http://www.frippery.biz/index.asp

Roly's FUDGE
https://rolysfudge.co.uk/

The Littlecote Soap. Co.
http://www.littlecotesoap.co.uk/about_littlecote.asp





Comments

Popular Posts