Cheese

There are many cheeses at supermarkets in the UK. It really can't be compared to Japanese shops. My grandmother doesn't like cheese because she said it looks like a soap. She doesn't eat solid cheese but she eat melted cheese.

Everyone in my generation grew up on watching animation "Heidi, Girl of the Alps" on TV. This scene design and layout was made by Hayao Miyazaki, as a worldwide famous Japanese animator.

My favourite scenes and things I'd wanted to do TOP 5;
  1. Roasting cheese on a stick in the fireplace and putting it on the bread
  2. Sleeping on the dried plant bed. When you put sheets on bed with Alm-Onji, you can waft with sheets.
  3. Eating white bread which Peter's grandmother wanted
  4. Milking a goat and drink it directly
  5. Making goat milk cheese
Reality and things that I realised as an adult;
  1. Fireplace and cheese were unrealistic in Japan. You probably can get unusual cheeses but not common. In Europe or somewhere, it might be possible.
  2. Probably smell bad and definitely you can't waft.
  3. The breads named "Heidi's white breads" are sold in many bakeries in Japan. There are many soft breads even when it's not white.
  4. Well.. I realised there are many goat's droppings on the ground. Laying on a ground with goats are unrealistic...
  5. No opportunity. I ate goat milk cheese. It has unusual qualities (taste, smell etc) but I like it. 

Comments

Popular Posts