10th Anniversary of Terrorist Attack

When we learnt about the Holocaust at school, my teacher asked us why we weren't crying even if we knew many lives lost in the tragedy of Jews? It was a serious moment, the class went quiet, and nobody answered her question. She said that because of loss of so many lives, more than anyone would had imagined, the number was too big and too vague to think of their lives. She was right.

During the time of the Great East Japan Earthquake and the 9.11 Terrorist Attack, I didn't have tears but I was in general sorrow. What were you doing when the Twin Towers in the US were attacked? I was staying at home alone and emailing, the TV was left running. I saw the airplane crashing into the building on TV. I thought it had been a action film at first, but I realised really serious situation had happened in the US.

A decade has passed. The attack must have changed many people's lives. I read some bereft families' memories and saw moments on a website, I felt a tightening in my chest by following up on their lives progress. They just keep going on. I also heard there is a possible terrorist threat to the US on an anniversary. I pray for peace across the world.

Comments

Popular Posts