Teddy Bears

In the summer on 1992, I was in the UK on an overseas study program for 2 weeks and I had several free days in London. I had a great deal of curiosity, and wanted to enjoy life in the UK not wasting one minute or second. I went to one of the greatest toy shops in the world, Hamleys on Regent Street, with my friends. It has several floors and every floor is filled with a great number of toys.

William Hamley, a founder of Hamleys, opened his first toy shop "Noah's Ark" in 1760, and he opened Hamleys on Regent Street in 1881. During the WWII, it was bombed five times, but it is still there. In 1938, Hamleys received its first Royal Warrant.

Anyway, we went to Hamleys, and I bought my first teddy bear as a memory of our first visit to the UK. It was Hamleys' original teddy bear. It was quite expensive, but it is still carefully preserved in my room. And after that, I added other teddy bears in my collection.

When we went to Ely yesterday, we found a lovely soft toy of panda in a shop window, and popped in the shop. There were very attractive items which get into a women's psyche, such as teddy bears, cards, cups and jewelleries. Once I tried to forget about panda, because I've already had some soft toys, but my gentle BF bought me a lovely panda. We've had a special fondness for panda character. So, now we live with this panda together :)

by Trendle Bears Company

Comments

Popular Posts