My Bad Day - LONDON -

The worst top 3 events of the day;
  1. A harvester
  2. Abstract film
  3. A sleepy BF on a date
My bad day started with a harvester. It's not about a person who gather crops but a kind of insect that looks like a spider with long legs! I found it in the bedroom this morning. Yuck! Actually, I hate insects in our world. I always can feel insects' presence as if I have tactile sense, even if I have bad sight. The other day, I found linty things on a laundry shirt and picked them up, and suddenly I yelled out. Because one of them was 'a harvester'! Yuck!!! I threw it off and ran into the bathroom to wash my fingers. I lost sight of it in our bedroom... And then, I found it again this morning. It was awful, just the thought we spent some nights with it in the same room makes me shiver!!!

Anyway, we got on a train to London. It was a nice at the beginning, because the weather seemed fine and we walked around the East End of London, the area of immigrants. I could see the Christ Church, Spitalfields. Also we went the Old Spitalfields Market. Market stalls were not ready because it was in the early morning, but we had a breakfast at the restaurant, The Luxe. I found lovely chicken-foot shaped hooks on a wall:) It was quite a modern and stylish restaurant with loud music, but I struggled with cutting a big bacon & egg sandwich with a blunt-edged knife, and also with stuck ketchup bottle... I was a bit annoyed about it because I was hungry. Great... that's OK. We found nice shops in the Market such as "In Spitalfields" and "Montezuma's". In Spitalfields, you can find lovely, modern and unique items from cards and furniture. I'm sure women like it. Montezuma's is a chocolate shop, you can find your favourite chocolate :)

Montezuma's Chocolates
We also went to Barbican Centre to see the Animation Show (15 Jun-11 Sep). The exhibit was nice, you can see some black and white visual representation films to Walt Disney's and so on. In the Barbican Centre, there is a nice garden as well, but unfortunately, it was closed yesterday. After finish watching the exhibit, my BF started to say he was sleepy... I was suddenly in a bad mood. Hey, it's on a date!

London International Animation Festival
After that, we saw the film "Six Pack Film Tribute + Dietmar Schwartzler Q&A" in the Barbican theatre. Do you want to know how I liked it? Oh, please don't ask me... Actually I couldn't enjoy it. It was not my cup of tea, honestly. I saw a couple left the theatre in the early 10 minutes and some people was dozing or yawning. Of course, there were people who were interested in it. What's abstraction? Come on, I don't have any sense of abstraction, and it was difficult to understand for me! Music sounded like noise and image was just like a poor TV reception for me. Sorry... Mr. Schwartzler, but I enjoyed your talk show:) The abstract film made me feel tired...

So we got on a taxi and went to the West End to explore and have a dinner. We popped in some bookshops and enjoyed having Indonesian restaurant "Bali Bali". It was a nice restaurant we enjoyed a spicy foods and dessert. I had "an orange sorbet" my BF ordered for me in mistake for "a lemon sorbet". Thanks...

Outside, it started raining...  it was a bad day but eventually I could see a rainbow from a train window on our way back home, so totally it was probably not so bad...

★i-ADNES' Recommendation in London★

The Luxe (Restaurant, Cafe, Bar)
109 Commercial Street,  London, E1 6BG
http://www.theluxe.co.uk/GroundFloor.html

In Spitalfields (Interior Design / Decoration)
Old Spitalfields Market, 13 Lamb Street, Shadwell, London, E1 6EA
http://www.inspitalfields.co.uk/flash.html

Montezuma's (Chocolate)
51, Brushfield Street, Spitalfields, London, E1 6AA 
Telephone:  0207 539 9208
http://www.montezumas.co.uk/

Bali Bali (Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai Cuisine)
150 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8HL
Telephone: 020 7836 2644
http://www.balibalirestaurant.com/

Comments

Popular Posts