Listening Comprehension

It had been a dull day with deep gray clouds. I went to the town yesterday morning and had a cup of coffee and a blueberry muffin at a cafe. Soon after I opened a book, a business man and woman came and sat near. They wore black suits and started talking loudly. Actually it was fun to listen to their talk rather than reading the book. Because they talked and talked from private to business matters with little time to breathe. Their speaking speed was fast, but a comfortable rhythm for me. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, at any rate, I couldn't understand them perfectly. Anyway, it was a sort of practice for listening.

And in the afternoon, I went to Morrisons (the chain of supermarket in the UK) to get some food. I'm pretty new to shopping here, so having trouble finding what I want. But basically it's fun. I am choosy about food and not a gourmet, and don't always miss Japanese food very much. I have no intention of cooking a fabulous meal, but I want to have a balanced life and also like to experiment with various recipes with the leftovers or adding something. The taste of my meals are good in most cases (hopefully), because I don't want to try to cook something too unimaginable.

At the cashier, an old man in front of me talked to me. I only understood it was about cat food he was going to buy, but I absolutely couldn't understand what he said (with a local accent). I just gave a special smile back to him... it's shameful though...I am annoyed with my English!!

Popular Posts