Changes of The Time

We went to Chelmsford in Essex by train today. It's a nice small town which is located northeast of London. We went this morning but the weather turned into heavy rain, so we couldn't walk around very much unfortunately. But had a nice coffee, bought some daily goods and passed through the shopping centre to avoid rain. Now, I'm inside having a tea and relaxing.

Since I came to England, I've enjoyed people watching. I think British people are very unique, whereas in Sendai, people are more conservative. It's fun to watch people, it makes me notice that the world is full of different people. It also inspires me and broadens my horizons.

There are many differences between this visit and my visit to the UK in 1992. Then, I could see classic doubledecker buses and black taxis. There was rubbish on the road, but now it's clean. The pound was strong against yen and currency exchange was almost double as of now. And the architecture is different - now there are more modern and unusually designed buildings. London has changed as other big cities have changed. Everywhere and always everything changes with times, for better and worse.

I'm growing with the change of the outside. In an increasingly globalised world, it is important for me to have flexible mind to understand other cultures and accept different thoughts. I can feel myself challenging it.

The Gherkin, a new building in London : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_St_Mary_Axe
Another one : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shard_London_Bridge
English eccentric people : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Eccentrics_and_Eccentricities

Popular Posts