Tohoku Rokkon Festival

Tohoku Rokkon Festival has been held in Sendai for recovery and the spirit of people.
(see; Festivals in Sendai)

I went to see a parade. The parade consists of six famous festivals in Tohoku region; Tanabata (Miyagi), Nebuta (Aomori), Kantou (Akita), Sansa (Iwate), Waraji (Fukushima) Hanagasa (Yamagata). It's the first time that all are held together, but I couldn't see it this evening. It was more crowded than I expected, more than everyone expected. Unfortunately, I heard some parades were cancelled because they couldn't secure visitors safety. It was really really crowded!!!

I don't like crowded places very much, so I gave up seeing it. Gave up? No, it was impossible! I suppose many people couldn't see it... That's a shame...

I think it appears that many people wish for the full recovery of the city and stepping forward in hope. It's a wonderful thing the people coming together for something like that, though the festival plan may have been a little optimistic... About 50 thousand tourists were expected at first, but in the event that 133 thousand people visited. It created confusion and disappointed people...

Popular Posts