A Letter from the Past

Have you ever received a letter from your past self? The other day, clearing out a box, I found a letter from me!

In 1985, The International Exposition was held in Tsukuba, Japan. I didn’t go there, but the Ministry of Post provided a service called ‘Post Capsule 2001’. If you posted a letter to yourself (or someone else), the post-capsule mail would be delivered on 1st January, 2001, the 21st century. So I wrote a letter. According to the website, 3,260,636 mails were delivered on this day. One of them was mine. I completely forgot about it, but I absolutely received the letter from 16 years ago. I don’t remember whether it was delivered on 1st January though.

I was 13 years-old when I wrote this letter. I asked me whether I travelled abroad and still keep in touch with my best friend. The answer to both questions is yes. I was already interested in other countries, cultures and languages, and I looked forward to the future with. My handwriting looked ugly, but funny and interesting.

Can you imagine what would you like to be in 16 years time?

Popular Posts