Coffee and Something Extra

I went for coffee today. Not to Starbucks, nor Doutor, but I went to Hoshiyama coffee shop. It’s a local coffee shop which was established in 1974, and now there are 3 coffee shops in Sendai. I seldom go there because the price of a cup of coffee is a bit expensive, but I know they serve rich and full-flavoured coffee and something extra in civilised surroundings. Sometimes they organise a classical concert (with coffee), and also coffee making lessons and world pottery classes.

There were many ladies in the shop, enjoying having coffee and ‘afternoon tea’ that consists of sandwiches and cakes on a tiered stand. I ordered it. Oh… what a peaceful day.

You can relax in a composed and luxurious atmosphere. There are 1,000 beautiful cups and saucers on the shelf, such as Meissen (Germany), Royal Copenhagen (Denmark), Wedgwood (England), Augarten (Austria), Herend (Hungary) and so on… The special thing is that a barista always selects a cup and saucer specially for each guest. Today’s cup and saucer for me was ‘Impero Cameria’ of Richard Ginori (Italy). When a server put the cup of coffee on my table, I felt really happy with it. I think that’s it exactly! That’s my image! :)

It's truly a marvellous experience to enjoy coffee by relying on the senses of taste, smell and vision as well - in such a gorgeous space!

©i-ADNES
 

Popular Posts